This Thursday Thirteen is dedicated to every writer whoâ€™s ever submitted to NY by snail mail and had to make the long, dreaded walk to the mailbox every day for months.
1. Run through a mental list of non-writing-related reasons a submission might be rejected: A NYT-lister watched the same documentary and beat you to the what-if based proposal; the
Archive for the 'Thursday Thirteen' Category
1. My family recently started watching America’s Got Talent and…I’m starting to find The Hoff a little bit sexy. (Highlight to bear witness to my secret shame.) I know. There should be some kind of scarlet letter for that particular crime. I take comfort, however, in the knowledge I don’t find him anywhere near as sexy as he himself does.
2. My sister has had my Firefly and Serenity DVDs
1. All the lush texture and emotional depth we loved in her Tina St. John historicals…it’s all there!
3. Holy hot & bothered, Batman! That cover would seriously improve ANY decor. Gorgeous!
5. The vampire mythology—the story behind the Breed—is utterly fascinating. I actually said “Oh, that is SO cool!” aloud while reading.
7. I liked the women in this
1. How can such a tiny splinter cause so much pain?
2. Is the pickle scene from Taming Eliza Jane in the wrong place, arc-wise?
3. Holy crap! On the Edge is eligible in the novella category of the RITAs! (It’s just shy of 40k.) Should I? Shouldn’t I? If I get a blue-hair, Charlotte could totally trigger a stroke.
4. How can Emma not see that Anakin was the best
1. Why do you drink ice cold coffee when you live in the freakin frozen tundra of New Hampshire? — I always have to have a drink at hand or I feel like I’m dying of thirst. A Dunkin Donuts iced coffee is larger than their largest hot coffee. Plus, while I adore iced coffee, I can’t drink cold hot coffee.
2. How many books will you have out this