How did I ring in the new year? I watched three hours of tornado documentaries on the National Geographic channel, the husband’s snoring drowning out footage of anything less than an F4. He woke up, as always, in time for the eleven o’clock news, which informed us we’re getting yet more snow. Then he, as always, fell back to sleep. We’ve had near-record breaking snow for December, with barely enough time to clear it all before more falls. The boys might even get an extra day of vacation. Waited for the ball to drop and with about thirty seconds left yelled at the husband to wake up, said Happy New Year, set the coffeemaker and went to bed.
AND I made this list:
1. Favorite Book: Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy by HelenKay Dimon
2. Favorite Movie: Transformers
3. Favorite TV Show: The Unit
4. Favorite CD: Transformers: The Score (not the soundtrack)
5. Favorite Website: icanhascheezburger.com (Yes, I was a little late to the lolcat phenomenon, but it’s now a daily stop for the boys and I.)
6. Favorite Bookstore: fictionwise.com (Little late to that one, too, but now I can’t imagine why it took me so long. Best thing about it—no further avalanches triggered by mass market additions to Mount TBR. And backlist wish fulfillment. Oh, and immediate gratification, of course.)
7. Favorite New Song: “Stay” by Sugarland
8. Favorite Picture:
Happy New Year!