Yesterday I read on dearauthor.com that Nora has a bobblehead. Seriously! A Nora Roberts bobblehead.
My initial reaction: Screw the RITA and the NYT, baby. I want a bobblehead!
That was yesterday. My thoughts today: Screw the RITA and the NYT…dude, I want a Shannon Stacey bobblehead! That would be so cool, and I’ve already started a list of ways my family could use it:
* The short kid would no doubt treat it as a “Mother, May I” magic 8 ball: Ask it a question, give it a tap, and it always says yes. But Mom, you said I could eat the whole package of cookies!
* The husband could use it as a new target for the Air-Soft gun. The last time I was his target, he shot me in the ass on Christmas morning, forcing me to yell less than joyeux words at him. I think he’d find the Shannon Stacey bobblehead’s reaction to posterior BB wounds much more positive.
* It would seriously freak out my cats.
* When the tall kid starts expounding on the ways the Union screwed up after Gettysburg, followed by a lecture on the mechanics of the building of the pyramids vs the mechanics of the building of the Great Wall of China, I can set the bobblehead to nodding in an interested manner and lock my real self in the bathroom with a bag of Doritos and a fun and frivolous book.
* During the unfortunately numerous hours I spend talking to myself, I’d find myself much more agreeable. Shan: Should I really send that partial to NY? Shan Bobblehead: *nod nod nod*
* Of course, that could also work to my detriment. Shan: OMG, I suck. Shan Bobblehead: *nod nod nod*
What would your family do with a You Bobblehead?