1. Why do you drink ice cold coffee when you live in the freakin frozen tundra of New Hampshire? — I always have to have a drink at hand or I feel like I’m dying of thirst. A Dunkin Donuts iced coffee is larger than their largest hot coffee. Plus, while I adore iced coffee, I can’t drink cold hot coffee.
2. How many books will you have out this year? What are their titles? What are they about? When are they releasing? — Well, On the Edge released March 27th. Taming Eliza Jane—the sexy historical western romantic comedy—releases June 12th. That’s it for new releases. The Devlin Group: Adrenaline, the print book containing the two DG stories, comes out in June and TEJ will release in print in November.
3. Whatâ€™s your favorite genre to write in? — I guess that depends on which day of the week it is. There are things I enjoy about each of the subgenres I’ve written in, but I think the one that has come most naturally to me is the sexy historical western romantic comedy. (And if that book comes up again in this TT, I will be referring to its subgenre as the SHWRC.)
4. What are you working on now? — My Thursday Thirteen.
5. Is Gallagher done YET? How about now? Câ€™mon, now? — Not yet. Nope. And…no.
6. Obviously youâ€™re NOT going for nipple piercingâ€“do you have any other piercings or even a tattoo? What do you think of themâ€“on men or womenâ€¦.? — My ears are pierced. My husband has his faded USMC tattoo. That’s about it for our body art. As for other people, sometimes I think piercings and tattoos are beautiful and sometimes I think the person needs to lay off the booze. I think you can tell on some level if a person decorated themselves because it’s totally them or if they’re trying to be somebody else, and that influences my feelings. I don’t care for pierced genitals in my romances—writing or reading.
7. Since nipple piercings are out, can we talk about clit piercings instead? NO! Why are you doing this to me?
8. Is the Widowmaker done yet? — Umm…no. *shuffles feet shamefully* I’ll kick it back up the to-do list. I love that story.
9. Do you need more Doritos? — I always need more Doritos. Although I accidentally bought a bag of the super-spicy ones (WHY are they both packaged in red? I also accidentally bought Cherry Coke) and my taste buds are still charred.
10. Whatâ€™s the meaning of life, other than getting your hands on all the unfound Easter candy? — Dammit. Told ya.
The meaning of life is to be a sit-com for a higher power with a freakin’ bizarre sense of humor.
And to teach my sons the joy of singing really bad karaoke into a serving spoon in the kitchen with the curtains open without giving a shit who sees them.
11. Whatâ€™s your favourite type of shoe? — My absolute favorite shoe is the Teva Mush flip-flop. As soon as the snow melts…
12. What do I have to do to become Shannon Stacey when I grow up? — Rummage through my garbage, steal my mail and VOILA! You too can be me. It won’t get you much, though.
13. If you were a superhero what would your superpower be? (and what would your costume look likeâ€¦include fab superhero shoes please *g*) — I hate to be unoriginal, but I’d totally be a Wonder Woman knock-off. I never wanted to be anybody but her. A tiara AND a bustier? How cool is that? I’d prefer some nice capris instead of the granny panties, though, and I’d break my neck in those boots. I guess I’d be Wonder Woman from the waist up, with Old Navy capris and Teva Mush flip-flops from the waist down. Like I’d only spun around one and a half times instead of a full three.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants