1. My children humming the Darth Vader theme when I walk by.
2. Taxes. I remember the glory days when I actually used to whine about personal taxes. Then the husband and partner formed an LLC. And just to make it really fun, letâ€™s make Shan an author!
3. Gizmo (the torti cat) perching on the upstairs half-wall so she can reach out and slap me upside the head every time I walk down the stairs.
4. Reading a book for the 982nd time and still finding typos.
5. Reading an excerpt for a published book so horrifically written the authorâ€™s computer was probably out whoring for viruses to save itself from her â€œworkâ€, knowing it will probably sell better than mine because itâ€™s a menage a however-many.
6. The cold. Iâ€™m ready to get the Mustang out of storage and send the Rubicon in for her pre-season check-up.
7. This inability to eat eggs that started during pregnancy with tall kid. You donâ€™t want to know what I would be willing to do to be able to eat an over-hard egg. Or a deviled egg. Or an egg salad sandwich. Dammit.
8. Skimming through the spam flagged by Akismet looking for legitimate comments snagged by mistake. Scrolling past dozensâ€¦hundredsâ€¦thousandsâ€¦of those cures a person of wanting to read about, write about, or even have sex ever again.
9. This season of â€œ24â€. Theyâ€™re not even trying for being coherent this season, never mind being good.
10. My makeup. Yes, my makeup seems to get old really fast. I hadnâ€™t seen mine in a while (which is good because it means nobody has died) so I went looking for it. The eyeshadow applicator crumbled when I touched it and my mascara looks like black cottage cheese.
11. Scooping the litter box.
12. Star Wars. I never thought Iâ€™d say that. Honestly. But between marathon viewings of the six movies, juvenile memorization of the behind the scenes DVD, and both Lego Star Wars games for PS2, as well as the recent discovery by the boys of a trove of Star Wars tie-in novels at the library, Iâ€™m pretty much Star Warsâ€™d out.
13. Words tumbling around in my head, desperate to get out, while Iâ€™m doing errands/housekeeping/etc, then totally evaporating when I sit in front of a keyboard.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants