1. My children humming the Darth Vader theme when I walk by.
2. Taxes. I remember the glory days when I actually used to whine about personal taxes. Then the husband and partner formed an LLC. And just to make it really fun, letâ€™s make Shan an author!
3. Gizmo (the torti cat) perching on the upstairs half-wall so she can reach out and slap me upside the head every time I walk down the stairs.
4. Reading a book for the 982nd time and still finding typos.
5. Reading an excerpt for a published book so horrifically written the authorâ€™s computer was probably out whoring for viruses to save itself from her â€œworkâ€, knowing it will probably sell better than mine because itâ€™s a menage a however-many.
6. The cold. Iâ€™m ready to get the Mustang out of storage and send the Rubicon in for her pre-season check-up.
7. This inability to eat eggs that started during pregnancy with tall kid. You donâ€™t want to know what I would be willing to do to be able to eat an over-hard egg. Or a deviled egg. Or an egg salad sandwich. Dammit.
8. Skimming through the spam flagged by Akismet looking for legitimate comments snagged by mistake. Scrolling past dozensâ€¦hundredsâ€¦thousandsâ€¦of those cures a person of wanting to read about, write about, or even have sex ever again.
9. This season of â€œ24â€. Theyâ€™re not even trying for being coherent this season, never mind being good.
10. My makeup. Yes, my makeup seems to get old really fast. I hadnâ€™t seen mine in a while (which is good because it means nobody has died) so I went looking for it. The eyeshadow applicator crumbled when I touched it and my mascara looks like black cottage cheese.
11. Scooping the litter box.
12. Star Wars. I never thought Iâ€™d say that. Honestly. But between marathon viewings of the six movies, juvenile memorization of the behind the scenes DVD, and both Lego Star Wars games for PS2, as well as the recent discovery by the boys of a trove of Star Wars tie-in novels at the library, Iâ€™m pretty much Star Warsâ€™d out.
13. Words tumbling around in my head, desperate to get out, while Iâ€™m doing errands/housekeeping/etc, then totally evaporating when I sit in front of a keyboard.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Today, what’s getting old for me is the sewage smell coming from my basement. I hate old houses with drainage problems
The stair trolls are gettin’ old for me today, too. They’ve nearly killed me twice already this morning. I swear they must practice how to lay their tail across the stairs at the precisely right moment, knowing I’d rather fall down the stairs than step on them.
Is number 7 an allergy, or do you mean that you just can’t eat whole cooked eggs?
Some make-up is best kept in the fridge.
It’s good to just play with the makeup every now and then, Shan. Then toss it after 6 months. Wal Mart = cheap makeup stuff.
Make your husband take you on a date. Good excuse to play with the makeup.
Can we add HBO to that list? Because all they seem to show these days is Star Wars :whip:
I’m glad I’m not alone on #13. I don’t have a cat, so I can’t commisserate with the batting. I hate taxes. My kids aren’t addicted to Star Wars. They are however, addicted to Charmed. All three of them. I think my daughter is trying to find her inner witchiness ( and not for good ). My oldest one because the witches are hot and the little one because he likes when they destroy evil by using their witch powers.
Aw, we had a kitty named Gizmo when I was a kid! Brings back lots of memories. He didn’t swat people in the head–he was an attack kitty. Never leave any dangling body part over the side of the couch.
:bang: I’d like to know what kind of gobblins live in the pc that slip in there and MUST add typos that weren’t there the first 100 times through.
What a great list. Though I don’t know that I could ever get sick of Star Wars…. ever.
And you’ve made me very hungry for egg salad
Darth Vader theme? :rofl: I’m with you on #4, except instead of typos it’s continuity issues. ARGH. :rant:
#5 is hilarious!
#1 might get old for you, but I think it’s pretty damn funny. :lmao:
This cold (as in head/chest cold) is getting old for me. I’m done now! :nod:
We got rid of the Lego Star Wars games here. How can a 2 player game, where all the money goes into a communal account at the end of every level, cause so many :censor: FIGHTS???
And #13 strikes me as I’m falling asleep. I get the next scene and think, oh, I’ll remember that in the morning. Not. :doh:
Is number 7 an allergy, or do you mean that you just canâ€™t eat whole cooked eggs?
I don’t know. I just know that if I eat eggs it feels like my stomach is trying to burn it’s way out of my body for about 2 hours. And there aren’t words to describe my love for eggs.
How can a 2 player game, where all the money goes into a communal account at the end of every level, cause so many FIGHTS???
Our only big fights come when there’s a hard part that’s easier for one player to do alone…
You drop out!
No, YOU drop out!
No, you drop out! NOW!
It’d be an allergy if you can’t eat things with eggs, like most baked goods.
I’d be very sad too if I couldn’t eat eggs. They are cheap and nutritious and will probably make up the bulk of my university diet.:tomato:
OMG, loved 5! And 3 was funny, because cats are funny. :rofl:
When I was pregnant, I developed an aversion to garlic…and to this day I can’t eat it!
Great list. I just did my first 13, and added my link to your list. Happy Thursday.
gawd, now i’ve got the darth vader theme in my head …dumdumdumdumdumddumdumdumdummmmmmmmm
my TT is up too.
Oh good grief, #13 is so me. I keep telling myself to write the damn stuff down when it pops into my head but I’m convinced I’ll remember the gold-plated kernels of thought on the short walk from the kitchen until I get to the computer downstairs. Hah!
This was great, Shannon. Thanks for stopping by to visit my first TT!