I’ve been good about not doing memes, but Jaci tagged me and since it’s just sharing insane things about myself, it should be easy, right?
5 Crazy Things About Myself:
1. I love ABBA and Barry Manilow.
2. I like Spam. (the Unidentifiable Edible Substance, not e-junk mail)
3. I was probably choked or hanged in a past life. I’m totally freaked out by anything touching my neck—hands, collars, anything. Necklaces cause hysterical panic.
4. When I was a kid, I used to fantasize about my real dad being a mob boss and my real mom being a Kennedy. They had to give me to a foster home because their love was a secret (that whole mob/presidential assasination thing) but now they were taking me back. Wouldn’t life have been grand? If somebody messed with me who couldn’t be bribed, bought or blackmailed, I’d have them whacked. Sweet!
5. I think I’ve mentioned this, which is kinda cheating, but it’s the thing driving me craziest right now. Whenever I’m dictating pages into the digital recorder, I use a strong southern accent—strong enough so my speech rhythm slows and changes, and words like “y’all” and “I reckon” start popping up. While I enjoy southern accents in other people, it’s a problem when every character in my NH-set book sounds like a sixty-year old man from Alabama.
BONUS: Jaci just said “What, no chicken feet?”
6. I am deathly terrified of chicken feet. Not chickens. Just the feet. It comes from a scene from some crappy old movie (The Deep?) in which a voodoo guy pressed a chicken foot against some woman’s stomach while she was sleeping. This was exacerbated by an incident involving a miniature schoolhouse filled with hundreds of drying chicken feet. Don’t ask.
obviously you’ve picked up the southern twang from IM’ing with me. :cowboy:
Then you’re not the :cowboy:, but rather the :villain: because I now have Steel Magnolias Does NH.
:rulez: NH natives do not have southern accents.
LOL, Shannon, and g’all dang! :lmao:
ABBA, Barry Manilow, and Spam? Based on those answers alone, I think it’s obvious that you should win the crazy prize.
I no longer feel crazy for Knowing that Lara had tagged me before I was even half-way through her post.
I’m with you on ABBA but I draw the line at Barry. Crazy fun!
Barry…. uh..people actually listen to Barry?:grouch:
Are you sure that chicken foot movie was The Deep? I’m thinking that crazy movie with Lisa Bonet something or other and that dude from 9 1/2 weeks. Cripes, I can’t remember his name now either. It had some weird voodoo crap in it.:devil:
I don’t really like stuff on my neck either. I like necklaces but no turtlenecks. Ick.
Angel Heart. Cue ominous heartbeat sound. Did that have chicken feet? I remember sex and blood.
It predates Angel Heart. I actually like that movie, though there are parts I have watch through my fingers.
I’m pretty sure it was The Deep with Jacqueline Bisset. I was young at the time—to young to have been watching it. And I don’t think Voodoo was a big part, but that scene…well, it was a big enough part to permanently scar my psyche.