I’ve been good about not doing memes, but Jaci tagged me and since it’s just sharing insane things about myself, it should be easy, right?
5 Crazy Things About Myself:
1. I love ABBA and Barry Manilow.
2. I like Spam. (the Unidentifiable Edible Substance, not e-junk mail)
3. I was probably choked or hanged in a past life. I’m totally freaked out by anything touching my neck—hands, collars, anything. Necklaces cause hysterical panic.
4. When I was a kid, I used to fantasize about my real dad being a mob boss and my real mom being a Kennedy. They had to give me to a foster home because their love was a secret (that whole mob/presidential assasination thing) but now they were taking me back. Wouldn’t life have been grand? If somebody messed with me who couldn’t be bribed, bought or blackmailed, I’d have them whacked. Sweet!
5. I think I’ve mentioned this, which is kinda cheating, but it’s the thing driving me craziest right now. Whenever I’m dictating pages into the digital recorder, I use a strong southern accent—strong enough so my speech rhythm slows and changes, and words like “y’all” and “I reckon” start popping up. While I enjoy southern accents in other people, it’s a problem when every character in my NH-set book sounds like a sixty-year old man from Alabama.
BONUS: Jaci just said “What, no chicken feet?”
6. I am deathly terrified of chicken feet. Not chickens. Just the feet. It comes from a scene from some crappy old movie (The Deep?) in which a voodoo guy pressed a chicken foot against some woman’s stomach while she was sleeping. This was exacerbated by an incident involving a miniature schoolhouse filled with hundreds of drying chicken feet. Don’t ask.