1. “I know all about riding around with a lump under my butt.” (Jill, Twice Upon A Roadtrip)
2. “What the hell is a turnip truck?” (Ethan, Twice Upon A Roadtrip)
3. “No…I didn’t want you.” (Travis, Forever Again)
4. â€œYeah, like Mounties, only a little more juvenile, and a lot more delinquent.” (Grace, 72 Hours)
5. â€œIâ€™m real, and my gunâ€™s bigger.â€ (Gallagher, 72 Hours)
6. “Instead I had to put a bullet in you, and Iâ€™ll be damned if Iâ€™m going to apologize to you for it.” (Alex, 72 Hours)
7. â€œWhether weâ€™re three feet tall or six feet, all we need is the unconditional love of a good woman.â€ (Alex, 72 Hours)
8. â€œI will bleed for you, moya kisa. I will gladly die for you. But I am so afraid I cannot save you.â€ (Khail, Kiss Me Deadly)
9. “Oh, boo-fucking-hoo. Why don’t you just leave me aloneâ€”go shit on somebody’s windshield or something.” (Bridget, Kiss Me Deadly)
10. “Bryanâ€™s my brother, asshole. Our blood may not be genetically homogenized for purity, but it matters.â€ (Dane, Interstellar Sparks)
11. â€œYouâ€™re attached to a blow-up elderly woman with an apron?â€ (Jessica, In the Spirit)
12. “I donâ€™t let diseased, horny wildlife interfere with my deadlines.â€ (Jessica, In the Spirit)
13. â€œHereâ€™s the thing. Youâ€™reâ€¦youâ€™re a Ferrari. Every guy wants to take a Ferarri for a spin. But when it comes time to drive something every dayâ€”for better or worseâ€”a guy goes looking for a nice sedan or maybe an SUV.â€ (Tony, On the Edge)
â€œThe truth is, a lot of men think they want a Ferarri, but when they get a chance to drive one, they find out they donâ€™t have the balls to handle her.â€ (Charlotte, On the Edge)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
ROFL! I love 12 and 13.
You should totally do a banner or something with that and post it everytime you’re on deadline.
i LOVE me some Shannon Stacey books!
And why don’t I have ON THE EDGE yet, dammit?
That “shit on the windshield” quote has always been one of my favorites. I remember nearly spewing my drink the first time I read it.
But I also love, in 72 Hours, when Grace says to Danny (paraphrase) “No matter what, remember that I love you more than Doritos.”
Jumping on the Thursday 13 bandwagon. Thirteen things I’ve written about but never done!
I love #5. And WHEN is On the Edge releasing? I want, I want! :clap:
Kickass list, Shan, makes me wanna read them all over again.
I don’t have ON THE EDGE yet? Er….. taptaptap. Care to remind us when it’s available? And don’t you need, a proofreader or something? :shrug:
Love 13! That comeback is an instant classic :clap:
Oh, maaaan . . . #8! Le sigh. I have *got* to bump KISS ME DEADLY up to my top spot on the TBR!! Sounds great, Shan!
This is why I love Shannon Stacey books.
I’m with Jaci – why don’t I have ON THE EDGE yet?!! Stop teasing me woman!
Ladies, her editor doesn’t even have On the Edge yet. Back off :cowboy:
Very cool Thriteen. Make me want to go re read all my Shannon Stacey Books.
I can’t wait for On the Edge to come out.
LOL! Those are great, Shan!
I’m up too. Come and visit if you get a sec.
You are such a tease! I cannot wait for Over The Edge. Bitch. That’s said affectionately.