AWOL again. *sigh* I had an ever-so-glamorous weekend.
They delivered a 15-yard dumpster on Friday. How big is 15-yards? Ginormous. It takes up substantially more room in the driveway than our extended-cab pickup does. It’s now 3/4 full of crap from our basement, which was in various degrees of damp/wetness. Yeah, the raining could be done for the year. Really. Because every day over 7 will cost us mucho dineros, we pretty much did nothing but dumpster fill. Okay, and we did drive around and look at RV’s for a short break.
I’m so tired I didn’t even whine when he drove by Borders without stopping. Yes, that tired.
But anyway, things I found while mucking out the basement (which all luckily were in boxes on a bench, so didn’t have to be tossed, although some of it was anyway):
* The little soap and shampoo I nicked from the motel in Gettysburg we stayed in on our honeymoon—13 1/2 years ago.
* Evidence of my “ceramics” phase. WTF did I want with all those clowns? And a knock-off Hummel? I’ll stick to knitting. At least I can purl inside the lines.
* Notes at least two decades old for the next great romance. Apparently 23,543 romance writers snuck into my basement because that’s how many times I’ve read books following that oh-so-original outline
* My baby book. Damn, I was a cute kid.
* One Meesha blanket. *g* (That one’s for my sister)
* Five different fully stocked beach baskets. (We don’t go to the beach.)
* BILLIONS of earwigs and I am STILL freaking OUT!
* Strings of 40-year-old christmas lights that made a wicked buzzing sound and made my right arm tingle when I plugged them in to see if they still worked. Umm…no.
* Boxes and boxes of scraps of paper with plot ideas, research tid-bits, and such. I kept it all. I keep saying I’m going to go through it, but…
Hopefully, back to my regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.
You went to Gettysburg on your honeymoon? I can’t picture it. Probably because that’s where I went to college, so it’s not too romantic for me, lol.
We toured Civil War battlefields….Gettysburg, Bull Run, Antietam, umm….we did Harper’s Ferry. And we fit in the Harley museum and a day at the Smithsonian Air & Space museum.
I’m not really a beach and sun kind of person. :rofl: