AWOL again. *sigh* I had an ever-so-glamorous weekend.
They delivered a 15-yard dumpster on Friday. How big is 15-yards? Ginormous. It takes up substantially more room in the driveway than our extended-cab pickup does. It’s now 3/4 full of crap from our basement, which was in various degrees of damp/wetness. Yeah, the raining could be done for the year. Really. Because every day over 7 will cost us mucho dineros, we pretty much did nothing but dumpster fill. Okay, and we did drive around and look at RV’s for a short break.
I’m so tired I didn’t even whine when he drove by Borders without stopping. Yes, that tired.
But anyway, things I found while mucking out the basement (which all luckily were in boxes on a bench, so didn’t have to be tossed, although some of it was anyway):
* The little soap and shampoo I nicked from the motel in Gettysburg we stayed in on our honeymoon—13 1/2 years ago.
* Evidence of my “ceramics” phase. WTF did I want with all those clowns? And a knock-off Hummel? I’ll stick to knitting. At least I can purl inside the lines.
* Notes at least two decades old for the next great romance. Apparently 23,543 romance writers snuck into my basement because that’s how many times I’ve read books following that oh-so-original outline
* My baby book. Damn, I was a cute kid.
* One Meesha blanket. *g* (That one’s for my sister)
* Five different fully stocked beach baskets. (We don’t go to the beach.)
* BILLIONS of earwigs and I am STILL freaking OUT!
* Strings of 40-year-old christmas lights that made a wicked buzzing sound and made my right arm tingle when I plugged them in to see if they still worked. Umm…no.
* Boxes and boxes of scraps of paper with plot ideas, research tid-bits, and such. I kept it all. I keep saying I’m going to go through it, but…
Hopefully, back to my regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.