There’s a scary version of PBW running amok today. Especially frightening at 7:30 am.
One thing she strongly suggested was that an author not put anything in her blog that she wouldn’t put in a cover letter to an editor, or a brochure advertising her work.
Well, here’s a few things I’ve said on my blog that I neglected to include in my last query letter:
1. Damn! Did an all-you-can-eat dairy bar move in next to you or what? — (3/30/05)
2. The cellblock was never quiet, but Tiny liked it that way. He cracked his swollen, oft-broken knuckles and bared his crooked, blackened teeth. Nobody would hear the new Yankee boy cryâ€¦ — (4/7/05)
3. Everytime I start to nod off, and therefore forget to exhale only through my nose, a little orange or black face plasters itself to mine, sniffing away. And the constant nudgingâ€“ugh! — (3/16/05)
4. …I need to make it more than a rub and a grunt, so I toil on, trying to get in touch with my inner masturbating masculine side. — (1/3/05)
5. Itâ€™s a monkey thing. — (2/22/05)